Carbon fiber gets all the credit these days. It’s light, it’s stiff, and it’s infinitely variable in terms of size, shape, material properties, and strength. Ask any bike freak about the world’s best bikes, and 9 times out of 10, they’ll foam over like a simmering saucepan, raving about exotic Italian carbon fiber dream machines.
But carbon fiber is like tomato sauce ndash; there’s more to it than the tomatoes and where they were grown. It matters more how you make it and what you put it on.
As lifelong gravel (and pasta) addicts, we’re experts at finding the ingredients to make carbon fiber ideal for every adventure we can envision. As such, we add a healthy dose of soul to our in-house RDO carbon fiber recipe.
To be clear, Niner’s RDO carbon fiber is light enough and stiff enough to satisfy the most selective gravel racers. We’re not afraid to brag that Niner riders have won a fair share of Dirty Kanzas. But these days, “light, fast, strong, and stiff” is easy.
What takes more thought and care is maintaining a healthy dose of bump-absorbing compliance. RLT 9 RDO riders roll in comfort with tube shaping and carbon fiber layups made for a forgiving ride.
Fork it over
The RLT 9 RDO includes an all-new RDO carbon fiber fork. A Niner original, this exceptional component is made from Race Day Optimized carbon fiber, which is built with a unique process that optimizes complete compaction of the carbon layers under heat and pressure. By maximizing the carbon-to-resin ratio in the finished product, we keep this fork light and stiff while improving compliance over rough surfaces.
We paid mind to aesthetics and functionality in this fork. The brake hose is routed internally through a fully sleeved guide tube. Multiple rack, fender, and cargo mounts make light work of heavy loads, so go ahead, add another day of bikepacking on to your trip. The 12x100mm thru-axle and flat mount disc brake attachments are compatible with contemporary components. If you find yourself wanting to push the limits on a long-haul self-supported ride, we’ve got you covered. The new fork features internal wire routing and fitment for a hub dynamo powered light, so the only thing keeping you from riding into the night is your bedtime.
Tire sizes to satisfy any adventure
Get ready to swoon. With more tire clearance than ever before, the RLT 9 RDO can accommodate tires as wide as 700x50c. Does your next ride require more rubber on the road? Not to worry, swapping out wheels is easy. This bike can accommodate 650b wheels and fit tires as wide as 2.0. Go wild with wheel and tire combinations, just keep it rubber side down out there.
Frame features fit for going farther
Are you a carbon connoisseur, an adventure addict, weekend bikepacker, gear hoarder, over packer, grocery-getter or commuter extraordinaire? If you answered yes to any of these, the RLT 9 RDO was made for you. This dream build has 26 mounting points that give you the option to outfit your bike with as many bags, bottles, and racks as you need.
We’ve also designed custom bags for each frame size that mount directly to the frame. No more straps or buckles flying around. Just a cleanly designed frame ready for the next journey.
Cleanliness is next to godliness. Our full-sleeve internal cable routing keeps the frame looking tidy. Want an even sleeker bike? Single-speed calling your name? With our PF30 bottom bracket shell, it’s easy to fit a geared or single-speed drivetrain. More gears your thing? This bike is compatible with either mechanical or electronic shifting. Plan on getting rowdy on your ride? Throw a dropper post on, for safety.
RLT 9 RDO 4-STAR SHIMANO GRX 800 2X Specifications
Our 4-Star Shimano GRX 800 2x kit brings Shimano performance to a more affordable price level. With DT Swiss G 1800 SPLINE 25 wheels, Schwalbe tires, and an Easton 2-chainring carbon crankset, this is one of the best gravel-grinding packages available.
- Shimano GRX 800 two-chainring drivetrain
- DT Swiss G 1800 SPLINE 25 wheels
- Niner RDO carbon seatpost
- FRAME - NINER RDO CARBON FIBER: INTERNAL CABLE ROUTING; INTEGRATED BOTTLE, BAG, RACK AND FENDER MOUNTS; FLAT MOUNT; 12X142 THRU AXLE
- FORK - NINER RDO FULL CARBON; INTEGRATED BOTTLE, BAG, RACK AND FENDER MOUNTS; INTERNAL CABLE ROUTING; FLAT MOUNT; 12X100 THRU AXLE
- SHOCK - N/A
- TUBES / SEALANT - STANS NO TUBES SEALANT (2 X 2OZ BOTTLES)
- FRONT WHEEL - DT SWISS G 1800 SPLINE 25, CENTERLOCK, 100X12MM
- REAR WHEEL - DT SWISS G 1800 SPLINE 25, CENTERLOCK, 142X12MM
- FRONT TIRE - SCHWALBE G-ONE ALLROUND EVO SUPER TERRAIN, TLE, ADDIX SPEEDGRIP, 700X45
- REAR TIRE - SCHWALBE G-ONE ALLROUND EVO SUPER TERRAIN, TLE, ADDIX SPEEDGRIP, 700X45
- BRAKES - SHIMANO GRX800
- BRAKE LEVERS - SHIMANO GRX800
- BRAKE ROTORS - SHIMANO RT800 160/160MM CL ROTORS
- CHAIN - SHIMANO HG 601 11SP
- FRONT SHIFTER - SHIMANO GRX800 2SP
- REAR SHIFTER - SHIMANO GRX800 11SP
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - SHIMANO ULTEGRA R8000
- REAR DERAILLEUR - SHIMANO GRX800 GS 11SP SHADOW PLUS
- CASSETTE - SHIMANO ULTEGRA HG800 11SP 11-34T
- CRANKSET - EASTON EC90 CARBON, 47X32T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - EASTON PF30 SADDLE NINER CUSTOM WITH CRN-TI RAILS, EMBOSSED NINER GRAPHIC
- SEATPOST - NINER RDO CARBON, 400MM HANDLEBAR EASTON EA50 AX
- STEM - NINER RDO
- HEADSET - NINER INTEGRATED SHIS DESCRIPTION IS42/28.6|IS52/40
- GRIPS - NINER BAR TAPE