The Diverge E5 is equipped with everything you need to head to work, take the long way home, or hit some fire roads on the weekend.
The Diverge is more capable than ever. And with the constant goal to best meet your needs, we took your number one request into account—tire clearance. The new frame will comfortably fit up to 700x38mm tires with plenty of room for mud, too. Along with tire clearance, weight was a large factor in the development, and taking some design cues from the development of the Roubaix, we developed an E5 Premium Aluminum frame that's plenty light, certainly stiff for hard efforts, and undeniable tough.
Next up, we moved away from a traditional 'cross geometry, instead opting for something that hasn't been seen before—our Open Road Geometry. You can think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
Adding to its multifaceted talents, we topped it off with three water bottle mounts, plus mounts for racks and fenders. For the spec, we wanted to make sure that it shifted crisply and braked smoothly for years to come, so you'll find a Shimano Claris groupset, hassle-free mechanical disc brakes, and a durable Axis Sport Disc wheelset that's been cased in our fast-rolling Espoir Sport tires.
- Our Premium E5 Aluminum frameset features our comfortable and confident Open Road Geometry, making it the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- The lightweight FACT carbon fork is plenty stiff, aiding in handling and a light overall weight.
- Shimano Claris shifting keeps things running smoothly and won't leave you stranded.
- FRAME - Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Open Road Geometry, threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- REAR WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- INNER TUBES - Presta valve, 48mm
- FRONT TIRE - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- REAR TIRE - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- CRANKSET - Shimano Claris R200
- CHAINRINGS - 46/34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - BSA, square-taper, 68mm
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Claris 2000, 8-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Claris, 8-speed, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Claris, 8-speed
- CASSETTE - SunRace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN - KMC X8 w/ Missing Link™, 8-speed
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE - Specialized S-Wrap
- STEM - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 2-bolt clamp
- SEAT BINDER - Diverge rack-mount seat collar