If you're thinking about taking the plunge into XC racing, do it with the Chisel Comp. It embodies all of the qualities you'd expect from an XC race bike, like light overall weight, incredible stiffness, and a race-oriented geometry—all with one-by gearing, too. Consider it the vessel that's bringing performance to the masses.
Traditional welding methods create frame joints by connecting tubes to cylinders, leaving the performance and security of the connection up to the skill of the welder. D'Aluisio (DSW), however, allows us to move the joint away from the area of the highest stress, making for a lighter frameset that's stiff, compliant, and incredibly strong—the optimal characteristics of a hardtail XC rig. So what does this mean for you? You'll be powering up climbs, shredding singletrack, and everything in between on a bike that has you questioning why alloy's gotten such a bad rap.
And to further improve this feel, the Chisel also features our XC geometry, which took our previous XC race geo and added some trail DNA to the mix. This equates to a longer top tube, a shortened head tube, and a slacked out front-end, the result of which is a tremendous increase in downhill stability, plus a wider range of fit. And just as importantly, this doesn't require any sacrifice of climbing proficiency.
The build on this Chisel features a Shimano SLX one-by setup for ease of use along with a wide-range of gears. You'll also find powerful MT500 Deore hydraulic disc brakes, the renowned RockShox Judy fork with up to 100mm of travel (size-specific), and 25-millimeter-wide alloy wheels that are optimized for weight and traction.
- Given its lightweight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminum was the natural choice for the frame's construction. And when complemented with our speed-focused XC 29 Geometry, D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance.
- Rocks and bumps are soaked up via the RockShox Judy Gold fork with 90/100 millimeters of travel (size-specific). It features proprietary technology from RockShox, like its Solo Air™ spring, that maintains an ideal equilibrium, as well as being one of the lightest air springs on the market.
- The Shimano Deore SLX rear derailleur is durable, precise, and will keep you shifting crisply for miles to come.
- FRAME - Specialized D'Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm spacing, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK - RockShox Judy Gold 29, Solo Air, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
- FRONT HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h
- REAR HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- SPOKES - Stainless, 14g
- RIMS - Stout XC 29, 25mm internal width, disc-specific
- FRONT TIRE - Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- REAR TIRE - Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- CRANKSET - Stout Pro, forged alloy
- CHAINRINGS - 30T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - BSA for 24mm spindle
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano SLX, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano SLX, Shadow Plus, 11-speed
- CASSETTE - SunRace, 11-speed, 11-46t
- CHAIN - KMC X11, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano MT-501, hydraulic disc, resin pad
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano MT-501, hydraulic disc, resin pad
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS - Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM - Specialized Alloy, 3D forged, 4-bolt, 6-degree
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 2-bolt clamp
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, 30.8mm
- PEDALS - Specialized Dirt