Hitting a sweet spot between performance and value, the Roubaix Sport was designed to thrive on long rides through rough country.
The light weight frame has been constructed from our FACT 9r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some engineering sorcery, however, we've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4, and kept it consistent throughout the size-range due to our Rider-First Engineered™ construction.
Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front." We call it Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, we found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that we could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that we've tested with our Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Roubaix outperforms anything on the market.
Lastly, we spec'd the Roubaix Sport with Shimano 105 11-speed mechanical shifting, hassle-free Tektro Spyre mechanical disc brakes, and Axis Sport wheels that have been cased in our Turbo Pro 28mm tires.
- Featuring our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Roubaix. The FACT 9r frameset holds its own with our high-end carbon offerings, with the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- A Roubaix Disc fork is built from our FACT carbon fiber for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- Shimano 105 shifting gives you crisp, precise, and reliable shifts. The system is renowned for its durability, performing in adverse conditions with the batting an eyelash…if shifters had eyelashes, that is.
- FRAME - Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- REAR WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- INNER TUBES - 700x20/28mm, 40mm Presta valve
- FRONT TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- CRANKSET - Praxis Alba 2D
- CHAINRINGS - 50/34T
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano 105
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano 105 Ez, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano 105, 11-speed
- CASSETTE - Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-32t
- CHAIN - KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole
- TAPE - S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- STEM - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized Comp carbon, single bolt