The Roubaix provides you with the tools you need to explore the road less traveled, while keeping room in your wallet for a mid-ride brew.
The light weight frame has been constructed from our FACT 9r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some engineering sorcery, however, we've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4, and kept it consistent throughout the size-range due to our Rider-First Engineered™ construction.
Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front." We call it Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, we found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that we could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that we've tested with our Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Roubaix outperforms anything on the market.
Lastly, the Roubaix comes equipped with hassle-free mechanical disc brakes that'll see you spending more time riding and zero time bleeding your brakes, a Shimano Tiagra drivetrain, and Axis Sport Disc wheels, ensuring that you'll keep rolling without trouble, mile after mile.
- The FACT 9r carbon frame has all of the road absorbing, engineered compliance that you'd expect from a bike born on the cobbles, yet its compact endurance race design provides all of the responsiveness and performance you need for long days in the saddle.
- FACT carbon fork is optimized for stiffness and responsive steering.
- Shimano Tiagra shifting ensures reliable access to a wide range of gears.
- FRAME - Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- REAR WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- INNER TUBES - 700x20/28mm, 40mm Presta valve
- FRONT TIRE - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TIRE - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- CRANKSET - Shimano Tiagra, 50/34T
- CHAINRINGS - 50/34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano Tiagra
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Tiagra
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, long cage, 10-speed
- CASSETTE - Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN - KMC X10EL, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE - S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- STEM - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 27.2mm