$99 SHIPPING IN USA (48 STATES)
When it comes to cyclocross, the CruX Expert has everything you need and nothing that you don't!
It features the same World-Championship-winning geometry and carbon layup as its S-Works cousin, so ultra-responsive handling and punchy accelerations are covered. You'll also find that these traits are accentuated by the lightweight and extremely stiff FACT 11r carbon fiber construction, while course control is furthered through its one-by design, hydraulic disc brakes, and front/rear thru-axles. Altogether, it's a bike that's guaranteed to take your performance to new heights this season.
Beginning with the frame, we implemented our Rider-First Engineered™ technology that was first introduced on our Tarmacs. Using size-specific tubes and layups, this technology allows the CruX to feature the same ride characteristics across every size in the range. Not only this, but it also allowed us to significantly drop the frame weight, so the CruX now comes in around a scant 900 grams for a 56cm (*dependent on frame size and color)—over 400 grams lighter than the previous frameset. A light and stiff frame, alone, isn't useful in a 'cross race if it isn't compliant, however, which is why the new CruX also combines stiffness and compliance in all the right places. And to assist with the latter, we lowered the seat collar by two centimeters for more exposed seatpost and cushion for big hits.
We also know that cyclocross races are often won in the corners and over the barriers, which is why the CruX geometry takes this into account. The top tube has been designed for easy shouldering when you're hopping off to clear barriers, as it features a large opening to the front triangle and a flat bottom. For stability in the corners and on off-camber sections, the geometry has a low bottom bracket and a sharp front-end. This combination also helps to initiate corners, regardless of the terrain.
With maximum mud-shedding ability in mind, we included eight millimeters of clearance on all sides of a 33mm tire, providing plenty of clearance for muddy conditions. It's awesome to have a light bike, after all, but frame weight becomes irrelevant when it's covered in 10 pounds of mud. It also comes with a reliable SRAM Force 1 hydraulic disc groupset, lightweight and durable Roval C 38 Disc carbon fiber wheelset, and 2Bliss Ready tires that hookup over nasty terrain.
- Our FACT 11r carbon frame features a race-ready 'cross geometry, and comes equipped with thru-axles, 142mm rear spacing, and it takes advantage of our highest quality carbon production methods in order to create a bike that's as responsive as it is lightweight.
- SRAM's Force 1 delivers smooth, crisp shifts, along with plenty of stopping power via their hydraulic disc brakes.
- Yep, that's right—carbon wheels on an Expert-level bike. The Roval C38 Disc carbon wheels bring performance to the masses. They're lightweight, durable, and ready for just about anything.
- FRAME - FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, 1-3/8" lower bearing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK - S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL - Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h
- REAR WHEEL - Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h
- REAR HUB - LU HAI RVT50L-K5-B17-AN2-N4-F1,TUBELESS VALVE STEM FOR WC007.
- INNER TUBES - Presta valve, 48mm
- FRONT TIRE - Tracer Pro, 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm
- REAR TIRE - Tracer Pro, 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm
- CRANKSET - Praxis Zayante Carbon M30, 1x direct-mount
- CHAINRINGS - Praxis Wave Tech, 40T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Praxis M30
- SHIFT LEVERS - SRAM Force 1 hydraulic disc w/ ICJ
- REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM Force 1, long cage
- CASSETTE - SRAM PG-1130, 11-32t
- CHAIN - KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - SRAM Force, flat-mount disc
- REAR BRAKE - SRAM Force, flat-mount disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach
- TAPE - Specialized CX Pro Gel
- STEM - Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Phenom Expert, hollow titanium rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm
- SEATPOST - S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER - Included w/ frame