GIVE US A CALL - 773-281-0444
Monday thru Friday - 11-7pm, Saturday & Sunday - 10-6pm (Central Time)
Sure, we always knew that smoother was faster, but before the Roubaix Expert with our Future Shock technology, we couldn't have imagined just how much faster being smooth actually is.
The super-light frame has been constructed from our FACT 10r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some engineering sorcery, however, we've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4, and kept it consistent throughout the size-range due to our Rider-First Engineered™ construction.
Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front." We call it Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, we found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that we could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that we've tested with our Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Roubaix outperforms anything on the market.
For this Roubaix, we spec'd Shimano's new mechanical Ultegra 8000 to handle shifting duties, with Ultegra 8020 hydraulic disc brakes to match. We then topped it off with lightweight, alloy Roval SLX 24 disc wheels laced to DT Swiss 350 hubs to keep you rolling smoothly.
- Featuring our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Roubaix. The FACT 10r frameset holds its own with our high-end carbon offerings, with the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- A Roubaix Disc fork is built from our FACT carbon fiber for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- The Roval SLX 24 Disc wheelset features a sub-1600-gram weight, a 20-millimeter internal width, and an alloy construction that makes it a solid performer when the roads turn rough.
- FRAME - Specialized FACT 10r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axleFRONT WHEELRoval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL - Roval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES - Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- CRANKSET - Shimano Ultegra R8000CHAINRINGS50/34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano UltegraSHIFT LEVERSShimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra 8000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra 8000, long cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE - Shimano 11-speed Ultegra 8000, 11-32t
- CHAIN - Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic discHANDLEBARSSpecialized Expert Hover, alloy, 75x125mm
- TAPE - S-Wrap w/ Sticky gelSTEMSpecialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Phenom Expert, Adaptive Edge design, hollow titanium rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm