It's no secret that 'cross doesn't play favorites out on the course—only the strong survive. And when it comes to bikes, this is especially true. That's why our CruX Elite X1 was built to deliver a no-nonsense approach to the discipline of cyclocross.
Beginning with the frame, we implemented our Rider-First Engineered™ technology that was first introduced on our Tarmacs. Using size-specific tubes and layups, this technology allows the CruX to feature the same ride characteristics across every size in the range. Not only this, but it also allowed us to significantly drop the frame weight, so the CruX now comes in at a scant 900 grams for a 56cm—over 400 grams lighter than the previous frameset. A light and stiff frame, alone, isn't useful in a 'cross race if it isn't compliant, however, which is why the new CruX also combines stiffness and compliance in all the right places. And to assist with the latter, we lowered the seat collar by two centimeters for more exposed seatpost and, therefore, cushion for big hits.
We also know that cyclocross races are often won in the corners and over the barriers, which is why the CruX geometry takes this into account. The top tube has been design for easy shouldering when you're hopping off to clear barriers, as it features a large opening to the front triangle and a flat bottom. For stability in the corners and on off-camber sections, the geometry has a low bottom bracket and a sharp front end. This combination also helps to initiate corners, regardless of the terrain.
With maximum mud shedding ability in mind, we included eight millimeters of clearance on all sides of a 33mm tire, providing plenty of clearance for muddy conditions. It's awesome to have a light bike, after all, but frame weight becomes irrelevant when it's covered in 10 pounds of mud.
The CruX Elite X1 comes equipped with a spec that lets you stay focused on the race—a SRAM Rival 1 hydraulic disc groupset, lightweight and durable Roval SLX 24 clincher disc wheels, and 2Bliss Ready tires.
- Our FACT 11r carbon frame features a race-ready 'cross geometry, and comes equipped with thru-axles, 142mm rear spacing, and takes advantage of our highest quality carbon production methods in order to create a bike that's as responsive as it is lightweight.
- The internally routed S-Works FACT carbon disc fork features a thru-axle design that increases steering response and rider input for the tight turns and the all-out efforts 'cross demands.
- SRAM Rival shift levers deliver reliable shifting in nasty conditions, which is furthered by a one-by shift setup that makes dropping chains on the course a thing of the past. Say goodbye to front derailleurs and hello to hassle-free racing.
- FRAME - FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, 1-3/8" lower bearing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat mount disc, OSBB
- FORK - S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL - Roval SLX 24 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL - Roval SLX 24 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES - 700x28/38mm, 48mm Presta valve w/ extender
- FRONT TIRE - Terra Pro, 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm
- REAR TIRE - Terra Pro, 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm
- CRANKSET - SRAM Rival 1
- CHAINRINGS - Alloy, 40T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - SRAM BB30, 68mm, no spacer
- SHIFT LEVERS - SRAM Rival 1, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM Rival 1, mid cage
- CASSETTE - SRAM PG-1130, 11-32t
- CHAIN - SRAM PC-1130, w/ PowerLink
- FRONT BRAKE - SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE - Specialized CX Pro Gel
- STEM - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 2-bolt clamp